How does auction bidding work?
This year’s auction is fully online for all guests. The auction will open on Wednesday, October 27th. After creating an account and logging into the site, click the Auction button to browse items and place your bids! The auction will remain open through Saturday, October 30th and will close at 8:30pm.
- A part of our COVID-19 safety plan, we will only have a limited number of tablets available at the event. Guests should bring their own electronic device to access the online auction and to donate.
How do I create an Auction Harmony account?
- Create a Log In account with username and password to access the online auction and to donate during the event: https://ve.ahgive.com/ve/SB3QQDTK/signup
- NOTE: your username and password are case sensitive. Your password must be at least 8 characters long and include both letters and numbers. Tip: write down your information and you won’t need to create a new password right before the event starts!
- When you arrive at the Metropolitan, you will receive a registration packet and link to access the online auction and donation site.
Details on the bidding process:
- You will need to enter your credit card info before you bid, but will NOT be charged until you checkout.
- You will receive a text message and email if you are outbid on an item and will have the option to raise your bid.
- The auction will end at 8:30pm CST on Saturday, October 30th. Click the Check Out button when you’re ready to purchase your auction items and have entered any donations.
- Winners will receive details on how to pick up/receive auction items (also listed in the item description).
- Electronic receipts will be sent to the email address on file for both auction and donation purchases. Way to Grow will also mail a final thank you letter for tax purposes.
- Your credit card will be charged on Monday, November 1st.
How do I pick up my auction items?
Gift cards and certificates will be mailed the week of November 1st. Larger packages will be available for curbside pickup November 8th, 9th, and 10th at the Way to Grow office located at 201 Irving Ave N, Minneapolis, MN 55405. We will email all auction winners to schedule pickup times.
Is the program available to watch after October 30th?
The 2021 Shine Celebration program will be available on the Way to Grow YouTube channel after the event: https://www.youtube.com/user/MplsWaytoGrow.
What will my donation support?
Funds from this year’s event will support Way to Grow’s signature home visiting program, Great by Eight, reaching isolated, high-needs families in Minneapolis, Brooklyn Park, Brooklyn Center, and the surrounding suburbs. Our Family Educators currently deliver virtual home visits that address each family’s resource needs, while providing parent education and support, early childhood and health education, and additional in-depth tutoring support for our pre-kindergarten to third grade students which is especially important during this school year.
How do I pay for my auction items and/or donation pledged during the Fund a Need?
Click the “Checkout” button to finalize your purchase(s). You will see a list of all selected items, including any auction items you won and selected donations.
NOTE: There are multiple payment options. You will be required to enter a credit card to bid or donate, however if you prefer to use another payment option, select “I want to pay a different way.” Add your payment details in the notes section, and we’ll contact you to process the payment.
You can pay by check, stock, or a gift vehicle such as a donor-advised fund. You can also split your payment and pay for just your auction items with your credit card and your donation another way. After your credit card is processed, you will receive an electronic receipt from Auction Harmony. We will also follow up and mail a final thank you letter with tax deduction information.