Our Way to Grow program is needed now more than ever. Schools are closed and parents are educating at home. Families are experiencing sudden unemployment and resource shortages. Accessing timely and necessary information in their home language is a challenge. The stress of this pandemic is adding more weight to the shoulders of families already isolated and trying to stay afloat.
We Can Help
Our work hasn’t stopped. Right now, “virtual home visits” are happening all over the Twin Cities. Our staff is:
- Working with families language to language, culture to culture
- Equipping parents to be their child’s foremost educator
- Helping parents navigate basic needs resources like food, employment, and healthcare
- Helping families keep their daily routines through these uncertain times
In the words of Lauren, a Way to Grow parent, “Miss Patricia [Family Educator] is my backup, my resource. I know I can count on her.”
Can we count on you?
Your community and your neighbors need you now. Here’s how you can help:
Financial donations are needed. Please consider a gift today to continue our virtual home visits and support check-ins with some of the most vulnerable families and children in our cities.
We have an immediate need for the following supplies to be sent directly to Way to Grow at 201 Irving Ave. N, Suite 100, Minneapolis, MN 55405:
- Diapers, baby wipes, and formula
- Cub gift cards
- Target gift cards for food and household supplies
- Books, games, and learning materials
Thank you for your continued support—what we are doing together now, truly matters for so many.