Whether you love Valentine’s Day, or you’d rather pretend the holiday didn’t exist in the first place, now is a great time to show a little LOVE to your community. Here are some of our favorite ways to love thy neighbor:
- We’ll start with perhaps the most obvious: volunteer. Share a skill or life lesson with our teen parent support group, join our gala planning committee, or host a family game night for Way to Grow families. We provide the snacks, you provide the fun!*
- Next time you’re at the grocery store, grab some extra nonperishables and drop off a bag of food at your local food bank. Extra credit: reach out to them first to see what they’re in need of.
- Be a secret admirer. Give your neighbor or co-worker an anonymous note of appreciation.
- Get ahead of the spring cleaning curve! We all know cleaning out the clutter is useful no matter what time of year it is. If you don’t need it, donate it! We accept children’s clothes, toys and books; and better yet, we’ll pick it up!*
- Plant something. Ditch the vase this year and plant something instead. You’ll be ready to move your beautiful handy work outdoors in no time to enjoy all summer long.
- Write a Valentine to your member of Congress to ask for support for early childhood education programs.